Bellevue DUI Attorneys

Arrested or charged with a crime?

Talk to a criminal lawyer now!

Effective Washington State Criminal Defense Aggressive Bellevue Drunk Driving Lawyers

Experienced and Aggressive

  • All Bellevue Municipal Court cases handled.
  • All Bellevue District Court cases handled.

Being arrested drunk driving is always a shock. 

Our Bellevue DUI lawyers can help.

With all of the media attention and ads, everyone should know at this point that the government takes Driving under the influence very seriously. Things are very different compared to 20 years ago, even 10! No politician is going to say “lets relax some DUI laws.”

That doesn’t win elections. Instead, each year they are only going to get stricter. As it stands now, the maximum penalty for a DUI is 354 days in jail and a $5,000 fine. At the bare minimum, you are facing mandatory jail, fines, license suspension, ignition interlock requirement, and drug/alcohol classes.

On top of the mandatory punishments, you can face special enhancements depending on the circumstances of the case, including:

  • If you were previously arrested for a DUI in the past 7 years
  • You provided a BAC level above .15
  • You refused to provide a breath sample at the station
  • There were individuals in the car under 16

In addition to the criminal case, when arrested for a DUI, you are also facing an independent suspension from the Department of Licensing. Once arrested, you are tentatively scheduled to have your license suspended, which will begin 60 days from the date of arrest unless you request the hearing.

In order to request the hearing, you must fill out the form which you should have been given at the time of arrest and mail it to the DOL within 20 days along with $375. If you fail to do so, then your license will be suspended after the 60 days have gone by. The length of the suspension will depend on your history and whether you provided a breath or blood sample.

A DUI is a serious charge which is why it is important that you have an attorney protect your rights. Contact us now to begin discussing your case.